Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lab - Bradley

Hi, I'm Bradley. I am a stunningly handsome 1 yr old purebred yellow lab who was recently rescued from a high kill shelter. A Better Life agreed to take me, having been told that I was a very high energy dog which was why they said I was having a problem being adopted. But once I arrived into my new foster home, it became evident that I am not really hyper at all, just normally energetic for a dog of my young age and breed. Being in a shelter for several months without getting any exercise no doubt contributed to my hyperness at the shelter. But now that I am getting regular exercise I am a much calmer dog. I am very friendly and affectionate and as is typical of my breed, I LOVE people. But I have been poorly socialized with other dogs an am fear aggressive with dogs I don't know. I have been with a couple of excellent trainers now and unfortunately my fear of other other dogs is so great that it doesn't look as if I will ever get over it.

But I am a hopelessly happy dog with people. I always have a smile on my face and a wag in my tail. I need a home on a farm, on a acreage or a home with a large fenced yard where all my exercise needs can be met by chasing a ball or playing with my people as I am not a dog that can be walked where other dogs will be around. I am a wonderful, loving dog and I know my aggression with other dogs limits my choices for a home. So I am hoping that someone very compassionate who with be comfortable with keeping me away from other dogs will apply to adopt me. My adoption fee is $250


Bradley Facts:
  • Breed: Yellow Lab
  • Sex: Male
  • Age: Young
  • Size: Large 61-100 lbs (28-45 kg)
  • Color: Tan/Yellow/Fawn 
  • Adoption Fee is $250.00
Bradley is:
  • Housetrained
  • Already neutered
  • Purebred
  • Not good with dogs
  • Good with cats
  • Good with kids
If you are interested in meeting this rescue dog you must go A Better Life Dog Rescue to submit an Adoption Application.

Note: We regret that we cannot respond to general inquiries about our dogs unless accompanied by an an Adoption Application.