Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Pomeranian - Ivy

Hi my name is Ivy. I am a 7-year old black Pomeranian who was surrendered by a backyard breeder who is fortunately getting out of the puppymill business. I have spent most of my life in a kennel so being out in the world is a new experience for me. I am still getting used to just being outside and the feel of grass under my feet.  Walking on a leash is a new experience for me as well but I am getting the hang of that very quickly, however, I don't like going for walks that much.  I'm a bit of a nervous Nellie so I feel a bit overwhelmed. Inside the house I am much more comfortable and love to spend as much time as you will allow me to in your lap.  I LOVE affection and being held - it is as if I am making up for all the time I haven't had any.

I am a very sweet and gentle dog and I am gaining confidence by the day. Already I am letting my foster mom know when someone comes to the door.  Because I bark when people come to the door, I'd be best suited to a one-person family - just the two of us would be wonderful! I am very afraid of loud noises: sirens, trucks, etc. so a quiet home with minimal activity would be perfect for me. I'm not house broken either so some special training in that area would be beneficial to me.  Small children will be a bit too much activity for me too deal with right now, but calmer, older children would be fine for me. I am good with other dogs and cats and will make anyone a very loving and loyal companion. My foster mom says I am so sweet and loving - do you have a warm lap for me? My adoption fee is $300.

Ivy Facts:
  • Breed: Pomeranian
  • Sex: Female
  • Age: Adult
  • Size: Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less 
  • Color: Black
Ivy is:
  • Housetrained
  • Already spayed
  • Up to date with shots
  • Purebred
  • Good with dogs
  • Good with cats
  • Good with kids
If you are interested in meeting this rescue dog you must go A Better Life Dog Rescue to submit an Adoption Application.

Note: We regret that we cannot respond to general inquiries about our dogs unless accompanied by an an Adoption Application.