Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Shepherd - Maya

Hi my name is Maya, I am one of Sasha’s miracle pups. My story starts on a very cold day on a reservation in Anahim Lake near Bella Coola, where residents of a local reservation were preparing to burn off a collection of dead brush and branches. They were pouring gas over the debris and were about to set it alight when they heard whining coming from amidst the debris. Pulling away the branches, they dug their way into a den where they found my mom Sasha, and me and my six siblings. My mom understood that these people were trying to help us so she watched calmly as they removed all the pups from the den and allowed them to take us to the home of a local resident who took us in. Pretty soon we were all on a plane to Vancouver.

I appear to be a shepherd cross and look very much like my mom. I also have her calm, serene nature. My ears stick up like this all the time! My adoption fee is $400. Part of my adoption fee will be used to help fund a spay and neuter program for the reservation where we were found.

All of us puppies are fostered at the same place, so you can come pick out the one you want to become part of your family!


Maya Facts:
  • Breed: Shepherd cross
  • Sex: Female
  • Age: Puppy
  • Size: Large 61-100 lbs (28-45 kg)
  • Color: Black with Tan, Yellow, or Fawn
  • Adoption Fee is $400.00
Maya is:
  • Good with cats
  • Good with kids
  • Good with dogs
If you are interested in meeting this rescue dog you must go A Better Life Dog Rescue to submit an Adoption Application.

Note: We regret that we cannot respond to general inquiries about our dogs unless accompanied by an an Adoption Application.