Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Shepherd - Seth

Hi my name is Seth. I am a beautiful and very affectionate 1 yr old male shepherd cross who was found as stray and ended up at a shelter where I was a great risk of being euthanized. I am a very sociable, outgoing pup with lots of energy and an infectious joy of life. It seems evident that I have lived outside my entire life so am still learning how to behave inside a home. I am a bit exuberant and want to play, play, play. A home with another dog and a back yard for us to romp together in would be perfect for me. I do like to chew - blankets, toilet paper rolls, you name it. So, I'll need someone who can give me lots of exercise and chew toys to keep me busy. I don't understand that the annoying thing I am chasing is my own tail! It makes my foster family smile.
I will need training so need a home who will enjoy going through training with me. I would really benefit from some obedience training, so I could learn not to play so rough with other dogs (like my foster brother!) I'm not being mean, I just love to play. Because I'm so active, I'd make a great agility training dog. I am very good on a leash and I love going on hikes and am athletic enough to come along mountain biking.

I am still acting very much like a puppy and am mouthy so would not be suited to very young children but older children would be fine. On walks I am very gentle and polite with other dogs and I love meeting new people. I will lie down on my bed or get in my crate without protest. I actually like to sleep alone - I will come and say night to you for about 30 seconds, then leave. But, I am very loving and sometimes like to jump in your lap for some petting and a nice belly rub. I like being hugged and will give you kisses. I also don't mind being brushed.

I will make a wonderful loving companion for a person or couple who love spending time outdoors, want an active dog and who are willing and have the time to train me. I am very smart and loving, and my foster family says I have grown in leaps and bounds since I arrived! My adoption fee is $300


Seth Facts:
  • Breed: German Shepherd Dog / Labrador Retriever Mix
  • Sex: Male
  • Age: Young
  • Size: Med. 26-60 lbs (12-27 kg)
  • Color: Black - With Tan, Yellow Or Fawn
  • Adoption Fee is $300.00
Seth is:
  • Housetrained
  • Already neutered
  • Up to date with shots
  • Good with dogs
  • Good with kids
If you are interested in meeting this rescue dog you must go A Better Life Dog Rescue to submit an Adoption Application.

Note: We regret that we cannot respond to general inquiries about our dogs unless accompanied by an an Adoption Application.