Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Shih Tzu/Yorkie - Amber

Hi my name is Amber. I am a 2 yr old Shih Tzu/Yorkie Cross with a shy but very affectionate nature. I was rescued from a puppy mill that fortunately went out of the breeding business so have spent most of my life in a kennel, but I am adjusting very well in my new foster home. I have bonded very strongly to the dad in the home and am a bit shy with the mom but I am very eager to please everyone, that is why I am learning so quickly – all I need to know is what you want from me and I am happy to do it.

I am a very gentle and loving dog, great with other dogs, cats.  I tend to be suspicious of human ‘movements’  and if I don’t know what you’re doing…I will attempt to bite so being in a family without young children would definitely be an asset.  I do walk well on a leash, however the current least is more of a show leash so that if I get frightened, I can’t slip out of the collar.  I do get frightened when I meet other people or pass vehicles, even if they are parked.  I will get over this though – as my family is working with me on this issue.  I sleep in my kennel and if my Mom and Dad are up late, I do put myself to bed. My adoption fee is $300.

Cyrus Facts:
  • Breed: Shih Tzu / Yorkie, Yorkshire Terrier Mix
  • Sex: Female
  • Age: Adult
  • Size: Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less 
  • Color: Red/Golden/Orange/Chestnut 
  • Adoption fee: $300
Cyrus is:
  • Housetrained
  • Up to date with shots
  • Already spayed
  • Good with dogs
  • Good with cats
  • Good with kids
If you are interested in meeting this rescue dog you must go A Better Life Dog Rescue to submit an Adoption Application.

Note: We regret that we cannot respond to general inquiries about our dogs unless accompanied by an an Adoption Application.