Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Terrier - Franco

Hi, I’m Franco! I am a 1 yr old terrier mix who was part of the recent rescue mission from California. I and a number of other dogs were saved from death at a high-kill shelter, where many adoptable dogs go and never come out. I’ve got a new chance at life, and I’m so excited about finding a forever home here in BC.
My foster family says I am fitting in well, and I’m a very nice guy who gets along with all other animals: cats, rabbits, dogs -you name it, if it breathes oxygen, I love it!  I am quite smitten with a visiting Jackhuahua dog and love playing with her. When I play, with either another dog or with the children in my foster home, I get so excited I make a growly sound – it isn’t growling of course – I don’t have an aggressive bone in my body. It is just me verbalizing my pleasure and excitement. I am okay with kids – my foster family has three children. However, although I do share some loving moments with them I prefer to be the centre of attention (wouldn’t we all)! So I’d say I’m fine with older kids especially but would probably be better as an only child.

I do sometimes get growly when I’m playing – I’m not being aggressive at all, but I get so excited! My foster family is working on that. I also really like to chew, so they are supplying me with toys I can nibble on to my heart’s content.

I seem to like other animals more than they like me sometimes! I like to be the bossman and usually bark when I first meets humans and animals alike. I get along well with small, high energy dogs, but I’m intimidated by larger dogs – even though I will boss them around a bit once he gets to know them.

My foster mom says I’ve improved amazingly since they got me. I am a smart and willing learner, so you can teach me lots of new stuff. I now fight the urge to chase the cats more often. I do like to play rough but my foster family is encouraging me not to get nippy while playing.

I’m a little unsure of new people, but I come around very quickly – I can’t resist attention! I love to be cuddled and held, but like anyone, I don’t like being grabbed. I am learning that nobody means me any harm, though, so this will get better.

Franco Facts:
  • Breed: Terrier cross
  • Sex: Male
  • Age: Young
  • Size: Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less 
  • Color: Tan/Yellow/Fawn
  • Adoption Fee is $350.00
Franco is:
  • Already spayed
  • Housetrained
  • Good with dogs
  • Good with cats
  • Up to date with shots
If you are interested in meeting this rescue dog you must go A Better Life Dog Rescue to submit an Adoption Application.

Note: We regret that we cannot respond to general inquiries about our dogs unless accompanied by an an Adoption Application.