Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lab/Catahoula - Annie




Hi everyone. My name is Annie. I am a female lab cross pup, one of five 8 week old puppies who have been rescued as strays from a reservation. We are so happy not to be living outside in the cold and rain anymore and at risk of being killed by other stray dogs or coyotes. Our mom, Cassie, who was rescued with us, is a yellow lab/shepherd cross and our dad was likely a Catahoula as one of us has black and gray patches, typical of that breed and there is a Catahoula on the reservation that very much enjoys spreading his DNA around. Our adoption fee will be used in part to get him neutered and any unfixed females spayed in an attempt to reduce or eliminate any more litters of homeless puppies. Of course, it goes without saying I am sweet and adorable. I am a typical very playful and friendly and affectionate puppy. I have silky soft black fur, like a black lab (my brother, Atticus, had coarse fur like a shepard).

I have a strong personality and try to be bossy and take charge of other dogs and people, if I can. I would be best in a home with a person with a strong personality who would provide firm behavior guidelines and boundaries. I would also do best in an active home where I got lots of exercise. I am very friendly and love to play. I especially love the snow and could play out there for hours. My adoption fee is $350 which will be used in part to spay unfixed female dogs on the reservation.

Annie Facts:
  • Breed: Lab/Catahoula cross
  • Sex: Female
  • Age: 5 months
  • Size: Large 61-100 lbs (28-45 kg)
  • Color: Black
  • Adoption Fee is $350.00
Annie is:
  • Housetrained
  • Good with dogs
  • Up to date with shots
If you are interested in meeting this rescue dog you must go A Better Life Dog Rescue to submit an Adoption Application.

Note: We regret that we cannot respond to general inquiries about our dogs unless accompanied by an an Adoption Application.