Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Rottweiler - Buddy

Hi, I'm Buddy, a male, neutered rottweiler, approximately 5 years old.  I'm very sweet and need a very special owner. I had a rough life before being rescued and unfortunately some behaviors that need to be worked on are the result.

I am a very worried dog, causing me to be fearful and dominant. This is the only behavior I had to protect himself in a scary environment.  I am extremely protective of my food bowl, treats or bones. Sometimes I won't even eat what is in front of me, I will just lay next to it and guard it. I will try to bite if you try to take it or try to pull me away from it. My foster mom uses something else to lure me away from whatever I have so that she can safely remove it. Trust has to be aquired with me before dominance can be properly asserted over me.
I am about 30 pounds overweight, so I need someone to work with me to help me get my svelte shape back. I need lots of exercise, and am wonderful off leash on trails or in the woods.

I am afraid to go into the backyard, and my foster mom thinks I was likely forced into areas where I was left alone for long periods of time before. She has been leashing me and taking me for short walks when it's time for pee or poop breaks at home.

I need a calm, assertive owner with lots of patience and time to spend with me.  I a very affectionate with people I know and quickly turn strangers into friends. I need to be watched at off-leash dog parks right now as I will mount certain people and children. I've been great with other dogs except for two, I took an immediate dislike to them, but I did show warning signs. I adore my foster brothers and sisters (the canine kind); I'm not good with cats, so I'll need to go to a feline-free home.

I love car rides, and really am playful, sometimes I get overly excited or possesive over toys.
There is definitely hope for me! I deserve someone special who can help me reach my full potential. My adoption fee is $200


Buddy Facts:
  • Breed: Rottweiler
  • Sex: Male
  • Age: Adult
  • Size: Large 61-100 lbs (28-45 kg)
  • Color: Black - With Tan, Yellow Or Fawn 
  • Adoption fee: $200
Buddy is:
  • Housetrained
  • Already neutered
  • Up to date with shots
  • Good with dogs
  • Not good with cats
  • Purebred
If you are interested in meeting this rescue dog you must go A Better Life Dog Rescue to submit an Adoption Application.

Note: We regret that we cannot respond to general inquiries about our dogs unless accompanied by an an Adoption Application.