Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Poodle - Cyrus

Hi everyone. My name is Cyrus. I am a totally adorable 3 yr old miniature poodle mix who was recently rescued from a high kill shelter in California. Spending 24 hrs being transported from California to Vancouver was pretty stressful but I was a very quiet and well behaved boy through all of it. These pictures of me were taken just after I arrived in Canada and I was a bit scruffy and dirty. But I am going to a groomer in the next couple of days and my foster mom is going to send new pictures of me after I’m all cleaned up. I am a very playful, curious and adventurous dog. I adore being outside on walks and hikes or just to play and sniff and run around the back yard. A fenced back yard with another dog to play with would be perfect for me. I am great with kids and would love a home with older kids who would play with me. I am also good with cats - I know when to back off and when it's okay to play.

One of my favorite things to do is to burrow inside blankets and wiggle around under them. I am really quite a character. I am curious and adventurous and madly in love with life. Even though I am three much of my behaviour is quite puppy like right now, but that is likely because I just spent a month in puppy jail so have lots of playing to catch up on.

I think it is a lot of fun to play attack my foster parents feet as they walk around the house. I keep them laughing, that‘s for sure. I am a bit interested in cats but am not pushy or annoying and pretty much leave them alone, unless of course they want to play. I get very excited when I know I am going for a walk. My foster mom says I LOVED the snow we had this year - I threw myself into it, rolled around in it and everywhere I ran I was lick-lick-licking a tunnel. Dog parks are the best because I just love chasing and being chased by other dogs. I am a medium energy dog who would be best suited to a moderately active home with a fenced yard and hopefully another medium energy dog who will want to play with me. I am not yet housetrained but my foster mom is working on it. My adoption fee is $300

Cyrus Facts:
  • Breed: Miniature Poodle
  • Sex: Male
  • Age: Adult
  • Size: Small 25 lbs (11 kg) or less 
  • Color: White
  • Adoption fee: $300
Cyrus is:
  • Housetrained
  • Up to date with shots
  • Already neutered
  • Good with dogs
  • Good with cats
  • Good with kids
If you are interested in meeting this rescue dog you must go A Better Life Dog Rescue to submit an Adoption Application.

Note: We regret that we cannot respond to general inquiries about our dogs unless accompanied by an an Adoption Application.